Artist Rising | 6 Day Online Apprenticeship with Heidi Hope
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
* 6 day online apprenticeship with Heidi Hope demonstrating her full creative process and set design techniques. (April 3rd-April 8th)
* Lifetime access to all videos in an personal online account
* Lifetime access to private Facebook community
* 6 Daily inspiration and optional assignments to push your creativity
* 6 monthly follow-up assignments (May, June, July, August, September & October)
* 6 Monthly live follow-up mentoring Q&A via video with Heidi in private Facebook Group (May, June, July, August, September & October)
(*Q&A sessions will be recorded for replaying if you are unable to attend live and questions may be submitted beforehand)
*Image critiques, troubleshooting & feedback from peers in private community
* All course content is professionally recorded video combined with screen shares of editing and images examples.
Learn: Set safety, lighting and finding the best natural light, wall and floor options, subject positioning, shooting for composites
Watch: Heidi photograph a newborn and siblings in a natural light studio setup & watch her shoot and edit a creative composite image
Learn: Crafting your foreground, mid-ground & background, adding texture, hanging elements and adding visual interest, lenses and depth of field, favorite props and decorations
Watch: Heidi set up her most popular set elements
Learn: Interesting angles, lens choices, favorite birds eye view sets, working with older babies and awake newborns, creating floral sets
Watch: Heidi photograph a newborn in birds eye compositions
Learn: Money saving and budgeting designs, paper-crafting, favorite props & materials (clouds, tulle balls, tissue poms, bunting, special shapes, paper airplanes and boats, balloons, clouds, etc.), maximizing set props through re-purposing
Watch: Heidi set up and photograph a baby in a hand crafted set.
Learn: Incorporating lights in sets, Heidi's favorite types of lights and their results, camera settings, depth of field and editing techniques for perfect light bokeh
Watch: Heidi photograph and edit a light set up and demonstrate how different settings yield different results.
Learn: Hand painting sets | How to create your own custom backdrops, best materials and techniques, planning and inspiration process, painting time lapses
Watch: Heidi design and photograph a cakesmash in front of a new hand-painted background.
Does this include business?
NO. This is our first course devoted entirely to the step by step artistic process we use to achieve our signature look at Heidi Hope Photography. Visit PhotographerRising.com for our full library of business tools.
Do I have to own a business?
No. The apprenticeship is designed for photographers of all levels. It focuses on the fine art processes of set design, 3 dimensional design, hand painted elements and backgrounds, prop selection, creative lighting, subject placement, camera settings and post processing techniques.
I work a full time job and I can't attend the Live Q&A sessions, will I still get as much out of this course?
Absolutely! We designed this course not to be used just in six days, but the whole six months of follow-up! All Q&A sessions are recorded and uploaded to your online account within two hours of the live session and you have lifetime access to those as well as all the other daily training videos. If you have questions that you want answered during the live Q&A, you are able to post them in the private Facebook group at anytime to have them added to the discussion. Whether you have a full time hustle, a side hustle, live internationally or have a newborn with an erratic schedule- this course was designed so that you never miss out on anything!
What do I need to have to attend the course?
Heidi will be covering shooting with a DSLR camera in various settings and post processing in Photoshop. If you would like to participate in the optional daily and monthly assignments, it is recommended that you have both. Purchase Photoshop here.
Do I have to shoot in Manual?
No. Heidi does go over camera settings in every demonstration so it will help to understand the basics of exposure including ISO, shutter and aperture, as well as focal lengths of lenses.
Do you demonstrate studio lights?
No. Heidi uses natural light only and explains finding the best light in any situation (studio or homes!)
If I have taken an Online workshop with Heidi, is this the same content?
No. This is newly recorded footage.
When will you be offering Artist Rising Online Apprenticeship again?
The next time we will be opening this up will be in 2018 (which is forever away, right!?)
- Day 1- Monday, April 3rd (Video lessons, Live Q&A and creativity assignment)
- Day 2- Tuesday, April 4th (Video lessons, Live Q&A and creativity assignment)
- Day 3- Wednesday, April 5th (Video lessons, Live Q&A and creativity assignment)
- Day 4- Thursday, April 6th (Video lessons, Live Q&A and creativity assignment)
- Day 5- Friday, April 7th (Video lessons, Live Q&A and creativity assignment)
- Day 6- Saturday, April 8th (Video lessons & creativity assignment) Monday, April 10th Live Q&A
- Month 1 Follow-up- Live Q&A & Creativity Assignment - May 4th
- Month 2 Follow up- Live Q&A & Creativity Assignment- June 1st
- Month 3 Follow up- Live Q&A & Creativity Assignment- July 6th
- Month 4 Follow up- Live Q&A & Creativity Assignment- August 3rd
- Month 5 Follow up- Live Q&A & Creativity Assignment- September 7th
- Month 6 Follow up- Live Q&A & Creativity Assignment- October 5th